nayi DISHAA announces $250 grants for two eligible participants traveling from a South Asian country to present at the 2016 Comparative and International Education Society Conference (CIES). The conference will be held in Vancouver, Canada from March 6-10, 2016.
- Must be registered as a presenter for CIES 2016 at the time of the application
- Must be a current student in a Master’s or a Doctoral program
- Must be currently residing in a South Asian country at the time of the conference
- Must be registered as a member with South Asia – Special Interest Group (SA-SIG) at the time of the application, or at the time of accepting the award
- Must attend SA-SIG’s information session at the conference
- Must submit a brief write-up of their research for nayi DISHAA’s online blog
- A brief introduction including (1) your name, (2) academic program and institution, (3) whether masters/doctoral student, and, (4) which South Asian country are you currently based in.
- A statement of no more than 200 words as to why you would be the best candidate for this travel grant
- If you have already booked your flights, please include a scan of your return air ticket. If not, you are requested to submit a copy of your ticket upon your arrival at the CIES in March 2016.